Accreditations & Certifications
JW Auto Care, local to Scottsdale and Tempe, is honored to have several shop certifications. When you bring your vehicle to our auto repair shop, you’ll feel confident knowing that we are a proud member of the Automotive Service Association (ASA) and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). Most of our auto mechanics are ASE-Certified Technicians, and two are ASE-Certified Master Technicians.
What Does these Shop Certifications Mean to the Consumer?
When you bring your car or truck to an ASA Member shop such as JW Auto Care for auto repair, you know that:
- We back our service and products with a 3-year/36,000-mile nationwide warranty
- Our business practices are of the highest standards. In fact, we’re A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau.
- Our auto mechanics and support staff are the best in the Scottsdale and Tempe area
- The parts and auto repair services we perform are the best available--and our pricing structure is fair and honest.
- We are constantly training so that our auto mechanics can stay up-to-date on all the latest developments in the fast-changing world of auto repair technology.
- Our goal is your complete satisfaction.
Why is ASE-Certified auto Repair Important?
In the past, finding a good auto mechanic was mostly a matter of luck. Thanks to the non-profit National Association for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), it’s much easier to find a competent technician to perform your auto repairs. ASE tests its member auto mechanics in all major areas of auto repair and service every five years in order to maintain their certification. There are now around 400,000 currently certified ASE professionals, including those here at JW Auto Care. In fact, we also have two Master Technicians on our staff to serve the auto repair needs of the Scottsdale and Tempe areas.
Here is a Checklist for Choosing an Auto Repair Shop:
Here are some tips from ASE on finding a good shop to perform your auto repairs:
- Start shopping for a repair facility before you need one.
- Ask friends and associates for recommendations; consult local consumer organizations.
- Arrange for alternate transportation in advance so you will not feel forced to choose a shop based solely on location.
- Look for a neat, well-organized facility, with vehicles in the parking lot equal in value to your own and modern equipment in the service bays.
- Look for courteous staff, with a service writer willing to answer all of your questions.
- Look for policies regarding labor rates, diagnostic fees, guarantees, acceptable methods of payment, etc.
- Ask if the repair facility specializes or if it usually handles your type of repair work.
- Look for signs of professionalism in the customer service area such as civic, community, or customer service awards.
- Look for evidence of qualified technicians: trade school diplomas, certificates of advanced coursework, and certification by ASE.
- Reward good service with repeat business and customer loyalty.
Why Choose an ASA Shop?
Whether the auto repair you need is mechanical or body-related, when you go to an Automotive Service Association (ASA) member shop such as JW Auto Care, you can expect:
- To be listened to and treated with respect by the auto mechanics. ASA members number one priority is earning and keeping their customers’ satisfaction and trust. At JW Auto Care, we’re proud to say that an average 78 percent of our customers are repeat customers.
- The auto mechanics that perform your auto repair have years of experience. The average ASA auto repair shop has been in business for 24 years, and 94 percent are family-owned, like JW Auto Care.
- We adhere to professional business practices detailed in ASA’s Code of Ethics
- Diagnoses and auto repairs are accurate and fair. ASA members keep up with the ever-changing world of auto repair technology by attending classes regularly.
Click here for more information about the ASA.
ASA CODE OF ETHICS
JW Auto Care Subscribes to the following auto repair business practices:
- To perform high-quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
- To employ the best-skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To promote good will between the motorist and members of this Association.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To maintain customer service records for one year or more.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customers' complaints.
- To cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive industry.
- To uphold the integrity of all members of the Automotive Service Association.
If you need auto repair for your domestic or import vehicle, JW Auto Care is easily your best choice. We offer expert auto service and repair, but our dedication to taking care of you and your family is unparalleled in the Scottsdale and Tempe communities. You have enough to worry about, so let our team take some of that weight off your shoulders. For auto repair, schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 3011 N. 73rd Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251.